Westlab Limited Warranty Statement
- Subject to the provisions of this warranty, Westlab Pty Ltd ABN 71 606 662 113 (“Westlab”) agrees to repair or replace the Product if it is found to be defective at any time during the warranty period, subject to the terms of this product warranty and Westlab’s general terms and conditions.
- Westlab undertakes to repair or, at its option, replace without cost to the Customer either for material or for labour any part of the Product for the period specified on the Product Warranty Statement.
- All Products the subject of a warranty claim, must be inspected for evaluation before a warranty claim is approved whereby the Customer must:
- Cease using the Products
- Notify Westlab in writing within 7 days of the alleged defect first coming to the Customer’s notice and within the Warranty Period;
- Provide Westlab all information required, including serial numbers, photos of the alleged defect, and with reasonable evidence of the proof of purchase;
- Provide evidence that the Products have been installed correctly and have been used in accordance with any manufacturer instructions supplied with the Products; and
- Make the Products available for inspection by Westlab so that Westlab may determine if the notice of defect or damage is valid and carry out all necessary works with the Product.
- This warranty will only apply if:
- the Product has been installed, operated and maintained in accordance with Westlab’s Instruction Manual. If in doubt contact Westlab for details;
- the product has not been sold, leased, licensed or otherwise disposed of by the original customer.
- the defects arise solely from faulty design, materials or workmanship under proper use of the Products;
- the Products have been used for domestic use; and
- Where the defects appear within the Warranty period.
- This warranty will not apply to damage due to:
- use of the product in other than normal laboratory circumstances;
- water or chemical damage;
- normal wear and tear;
- misuse, abuse, impact or accident;
- any fault or damage caused by incorrect installation, storage or use of the product other than in accordance with the instructions supplied;
- the product was not purchased from Westlab or an authorised Westlab dealer;
- unauthorised repairs, alteration, modification or substitution of any part of the Products;
- Damage or defects to the Products that ought reasonably to have been revealed to you by an examination of the Products, where you conducted such an examination before acquiring the Products,
- operation of the Products after a defect is known;
- any Products with the serial number removed; or
- damage as a result of commercial use.
- Charges will apply for any non-warranty services performed.
- Prior to returning any product under this warranty, approval from Westlab must be obtained and a Return Stock Authority (RSA) must be attached to any approved returns.
- The Customer will bear the cost of all transportation or freight charges or any other charges incurred in returning defective products for repair or replacement, together with the cost of returning them to the Customer, unless otherwise determined by Westlab.
- The following statement applies if the supply of the Products to the Customer is a consumer sale as defined in the Australian Consumer Law. In this statement, ‘Our’ means ‘Westlab’, ‘You’ means the ‘Customer’s’ and ‘products’ means ‘Products’:
- Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if the Products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.”
- What constitutes a major failure is set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
- Notwithstanding the preceding clause and tosubject to any condition or warranty implied in favour of the Customer by any applicable law which cannot lawfully be excluded, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law the liability of Westlab under this warranty or in connection with the product is limited to, at the option of Westlab:
- the replacement of the products or where the product no longer exists the supply of equivalent products;
- the repair of the products;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the products or acquiring equivalent products at the discretion of Westlab.
- The payment of the cost of having the products repaired.
- Other than as set out in this warranty, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- all terms, conditions, warranties, undertakings, inducements or representations, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, which are not expressly set out in this warranty and which are related to or in any way connected with the product or the use of the products, are hereby excluded; and
- Westlab will not be under any liability to the Customer or any other person in respect of any loss, injury or damage (including consequential loss or damage and whether due to negligence, deliberate conduct or any other cause and whether arising in contract, in tort, under statute or in any other way) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly as a result of or in any way connected with the product or use of the product.
- The benefits given to the Customer in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the Products to which this Warranty applies.
- This warranty is not applicable outside Australia.
- The maximum liability of Westlab under this limited warranty shall not exceed the actual purchase price paid for the product. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Westlab is not responsible for the direct, special, incidental or consequential damages (including loss of revenue, loss of profit or anticipated profit, loss of business, loss of business reputation, loss of anticipated savings and any other similar loss suffered) resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or any other legal theory.
- Some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of relief, special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages in which case this will not apply.
After-Sales Service and Support
Should your product become defective or you require support, please contact Westlab for assistance.
Phone: 1800 358 101
In Person: 4 Cargo Way, Mitchell Park VIC 3355